NCHC Forums bring together thought leaders, policymakers and stakeholders for timely public discussions about the future of America’s health system. The views expressed by the speakers are their own and do not reflect the positions of the National Coalition on Health Care or NCHC Action Fund.
Georgia Health Care Summit: Strategies for Improving the Affordability of Care and Coverage
Please join us and an outstanding group of leading health care experts – including our keynote speakers Karen Minyard, Director of the Georgia Health Care Policy Center at Georgia State University, and Kenneth Thorpe, Robert W. Woodruff Professor and Chair at Emory’s Rollins School of Public Health – to discuss strategies for improving the affordability of health care and coverage.
We will examine the underlying causes of escalating health care costs—for employers, patients and families, and public programs—and a wide range of options for making care more affordable. Among the topics:
- how advances in practice—including prevention, delivery and coordination of care, technological innovations, benefit design, and payment models—can reduce costs while improving outcomes;
- how to make markets for health insurance and health care services more competitive and efficient;
- how to provide better and more efficient care to patients with chronic diseases;
- how to reduce the demand for care through upstream initiatives that advance community health and decrease and treat unhealthy behaviors; and
- how employers can moderate increases in health care costs for themselves and their employees.
- Laura Colbert – Executive Director, Georgians for a Healthy Future
- Loy Cowart – President, Georgia Academy of Family Physicians
- Peter Fise – Senior Policy Analyst, The Health Project, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Kimberlee Johns –Director, Employee Benefits, Mohawk Industries
- Jack Lewin – Chairman, National Coalition on Health Care; Principal and Founder, Lewin and Associates, LLC; former CEO, American College of Cardiology and California Medical Association
- Karen Minyard – Director of the Georgia Health Care Policy Center and Research Professor, Department of Public Management and Policy, Georgia State University
- Von Nguyen – Acting Associate Director for Policy, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- John Rother – President and CEO, National Coalition on Health Care
- Paula Sanford – Public Service and Outreach Faculty Member, Carl Vinson Institute of Government, University of Georgia
- Kenneth Thorpe – Robert W. Woodruff Professor and Chair, Department of Health Policy and Management, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University; Chairman, Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease
- Jennifer Tolbert – Director, State Health Reform, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Scott Weltz – Principal and Consulting Actuary, Milliman
Space is limited for this event. Please reserve your place today. We hope to see you on the 13th.
We encourage you to share this invitation with your colleagues and with other health care decision-makers and stakeholders who could benefit from and add to this important dialogue.
Registration will begin at 8:30 am. Breakfast will be provided.
The National Coalition on Health Care (NCHC) is the largest national alliance of organizations working to improve the health care system and the affordability of care and coverage.
This event is made possible by a generous grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation.
If you are interested in seeing information about events held prior to 2017 please click here to access the event archives.